Our education groups discuss and review specific topics every time they meet to help you manage your pain:
- Understanding pain.
- Accepting ownership of pain.
- Role of medication and pain.
- Loss and grief.
- Pacing, problem-solving, planning, perfectionism.
- Depression, anxiety, fear of the future, loss of self-esteem, anger, guilt.
- Family and pain.
- Friends, work associates, general public and pain.
- From Victim to Victor: finding choices.
- Sleep issues.
- Sex and pain.
- Enhancing the quality of life with chronic pain.
- Boundary setting.
- Communication, assertiveness, active listening.
- Exercise and nutrition.
- Relapse prevention and pain flares.
- The stress-pain connection.
- The stress-appraisal connection (threat, loss, challenge.
- Identification of automatic thoughts and images.
- Challenging negative distorted thinking.
- Identify underlying belief systems.
- Challenge negative, distorted beliefs.
- Identify pain-related core beliefs.
- Challenge negative distorted pain-related beliefs.
- Create positive coping self-statements.
- Create coping cards.
- Learn and practice expressive writing.
- Learn about assertive communication.
- Plan an assertive communication.
Ready to speak with one of our counselors?
Contact us about managing chronic pain.